Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fish Eyes and Owl Eyes

I'm posting two new paintings and they have a connection with one another - it is in the eyes.

The first painting "Fish Eyes View" will be entered in an on-line show with www.EBSQ.net. The show is an annual "Ripped Off" show where two artists agree to select one of the others pieces of art and create a new interpretation of it. The artist I am paired with, Nikki Soppelsa has selected my painting "Overload" and has created a collage of it. Collage art is something she does a lot of and does it very well. I have selected two watercolor paintings, each of a fish. A perch and a rainbow trout which I've combined the two into one painting and added a few things. The eyes of the original pieces were so captivating I've included them here is a surreal way. It was a challenge to get the eyes to a point of satisfaction for me.
Fish Eyes View - 2009
31 1/2" X 13 1/2"


Nikki Soppelsa's original fish in watercolor. "Rainbow" & "Fish Fry"


The painting below is titled, for the time being, "Owl". I started by painting a pair of eyes seeing how I might do it for the painting above. The painting then developed its own life and this is the result.
Owl - 2009
20" X 16"


-----

No comments:

Post a Comment