Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Alley Art at AlleyFest

We spent the weekend tending our booth at Alley Art, a part of AlleyFest - and annual celebration of the arts in East Texas. It was a positive experience even though we did not make more than one sale. I did sell the painting posted here - a painting I did on Sunday.

I decided to try my hand at acrylic paint since it would dry quickly and be less messy than oils. I actually completed three paintings but I will have to post the other two once I get a good photo of each of them.

This painting is more representational than abstract although it still has a great amount of my interpretation in it.

Flower Power - 2009
Acrylic on Canvas Sheet
16"X20"

These two untitled pieces are really exercises. I painted them on Saturday while at Alley Art. I like them now but wonder what I'll think of them in a few days or even weeks.

Untitled works - 2009
Acrylic on Canvas Sheet
Each 16 X 20


---

No comments:

Post a Comment