Saturday, April 04, 2009

Just What Do You See?

The most recent painting I have finished and posted on this blog is one that I think is best enjoyed when studied.

Several who have seen it have seen the painting very differently. That is a good thing. It is something I want to happen when people view my paintings. I always have some concept in my mind when I start and when I am finished (most often the concepts change).

Sidestep - named so because I sidestepped the original name I planned for the painting (don't ask) - is a painting that needs "gaze time". It needs to be studied and in a relaxed mood and posture. Let the painting reveal itself - it will be fun.
Sidestep - 2009
Oil on Canvas
20" X 16"

====

1 comment:

  1. Nice painting Paul, it has a good use of closly related color. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete