Sunday, March 29, 2009

Trapped!

I know that sometimes I can sound somewhat esoteric about my experience painting and the paintings I make. Nevertheless, I am much more emotionally connected to my paintings than anything else I have every created.

This is a painting that is an example of the emotional struggle I experience sometimes (nothing of great significance). I knew what effect I wanted from the painting when I started but it was very difficult to get it right. I "feel" like the painting really go away from me. Several various attempts to capture the effect of two worlds in one painting eluded me.

I am satisfied with the end result without any further explanation. It will not be an easy painting to understand for some. But I find the message, or emotion communicating what I intended. The effect does not represent well in a small image of the photo - it needs to be experienced in person.

Trapped In Two Worlds - 2009
36 X 30
Oil on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment