Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Invasion and Chocolate's Fault

Invasion started to be one painting and ended another. I know it sounds "spooky" but once I started painting this piece, I could not stop even though I wanted to. I was compelled by the concept to continue until the panel was covered with paint. That is the way it works sometimes for me, a painting that has formed in my head forces it self out once I give it the chance by picking up a brush. It's like an invasion.



Invasion - 8/2009
31" X 30"
Oil on Panel



Unlike Invasion, Chocolate's Fault was planned out and came out pretty much the way I had pre-conceived the painting. The working title "It's Chocolate's Fault" was shortened for sake of better handling. The painting does not have a deep hidden meaning but is a lighthearted experience with a delectable nectar that we all love. We all run to and we all are chagrined when we imbibe too much. Blame it on chocolate, it always at fault and we love it.


Chocolate's Fault - 7/2009
48" X 36"
Oil on Canvas


====

No comments:

Post a Comment